On Monday, after installing the stem supports, the moulds were securely fastened to the building frame. Vertical braces were fastened to moulds 3, 6 & 9 and horizontal braces were added between each of the moulds making the setup very solid. We sanded and routed the inside edges of the laminated frames before attaching them to the moulds. The mould spacer bars were then removed to make the process of cleaning up the excess epoxy inside the boat easier when we start the planking.
Wednesday, with the outside temperature reading -23C, we managed to keep warm and busy inside the shop. In preparation for next week’s big glueup of the stems, we constructed the laminating jig and organized all the clamps we have in the shop. We also got a start on fairing frames and the hog.