Day one was spent cutting the parts out of the plywood sheets and cleaning up the edges. We also managed to get most of the strongback built. For the rails and the cross beams, instead of using solid wood, we laminated and screwed together 5/8″ plywood strips. This made it very easy to get the 16′ rails straight.
Day two we finished off the strongback with the addition of some bracing. After the moulds were put together with spalls and plywood gussets, the four frames were glued up and then everything was set up on the strongback.
After only two days in the shop we were very pleased with how much we had accomplished. Things will slow down next week as we get started on the more precise work of stems, keel and planking.